I'm still helping Graham John with his tests of Handbell Stadium. On Sunday we tried to ring a quarter of Cambridge Royal, but we lost it twice, first for technical reasons (one of my bells got stuck) and then with a good old-fashioned fire-up. We were having problems with network delays, despite the new delay-balancing system, so we agreed to try again yesterday morning in the hope of a more responsive internet. However, we suffered from different technical problems which were stopping some of the bells sounding consistently in response to the motion controllers. Graham has done some more development work, and we are meeting again this evening.
Meanwhile, yesterday evening we had a Ringing Room session with Jonathan, Angela and Peter. We had planned to try Lincolnshire Royal, which was next on our list before the lockdown started, so that's what we did. And we managed to ring a whole course, twice. That was a good achievement. There were periods when the bells seemed quite laggy, and we had to count our way through determinedly, but overall it was quite good. Tina commented that online ringing is going to be very good for our resilience. Also I am resisting the temptation to start making conducting comments as soon as I hear something that sounds like a method mistake, because very likely it's just network delay. Usually the ringing sorts itself out.
Our next plan is for some eight-bell ringing next Wednesday, because Angela's quite busy in the evenings next week.